Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
thanks for the add.
Just bought what they call done here in Australia a Rossi 175 .357 Magnum 24"oct barrel.
As there is no pre drilled mount holes under the rear sight just wondering if it can be drilled an tapped?As my old eye sight's not like it was i would like to put a little red dot on it. Looked at a pearson mount but a bit bulky. Any ideas would be much appreciated .

·
Registered
573 Posts
The Rossi rifles, both 24" and 20" Short Rifle, have a drilled and tapped hole in the upper tang so that you can mount a tang sight to it with just the tang sight and screw kit. I have both a 20" carbine and a 24" rifle in .357 Mag and I have a tang and globe setup on my rifle.

The tang sight is period correct and surprisingly helpful giving a significant increase in Depth of Field with the target aperture. You may want to give it some consideration.

Even with 71 year old eyesight that demands progressive lens, using a Marbles Tang rear and their 3/4" target disc with it's .032" aperture, I'm able to use my Rossi rifle and my 158grn handloads for shooting steel plates at 300yds and challenging bowling pins at 200yds.

Reactions: crooked creek

·
Registered
1,447 Posts
I'm interested in the discussion, as I have Rossi 92's in 45 Colt rifle and carbines in 357 Mag. and 44-40 Win., But....
The Turnbull bases are pretty neat, but the Turnbull site says domestic shipments only, no international shipments, and the OP is in Australia.
The Brownell link shows bases for Novak and Bomar dovetails...unless I'm missing something.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts