Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wanting to get a Rossi92 in 44 mag or 454 casull. My question is if the 44 mag can shoot the 44 special or the 454 casull can shoot the 45 colt?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
I have '92 clones in both .45 Colt and .44 WCF, my experience with this practice is nil. From what I have heard, there is no guarantee that changing the cartridges from long to short will feed reliably without altering the rifle, yet some do. Suggest you run your question by the cowboys over at www.gunfighter.com as I'm sure they have seen this question before.

IME, a stead diet of short ammunition through long chambers, can lead to lead buildup at the front end that could require judicious cleaning to get the long ammunition to chamber again. I would be more concerned about this happening.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I am wanting to get a Rossi92 in 44 mag or 454 casull. My question is if the 44 mag can shoot the 44 special or the 454 casull can shoot the 45 colt?

If you reload , it is better to use the full length brass , and load with data for the shorter caliber .

If you do not reload , can I have your brass . please ? :)

God bless
Wyr

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
I've never had a problem feeding 44 spls in any of my 92's ( 2 Rossi's and 1 Browning 92) I use R-P 44 spls cases to load the longer heavy weight bullets for my rifles using W-296. Buffalo rifle balistics from a 44 spl. (350 gr moving at 1500-1600 fps)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts