Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the chance to buy a Rossi 92 in 357 mag for &#36250. I didn't get to take a good look at it but it looks to be about 90% and it has the saddle ring on it. What is a fair price for one of these? Also is there anything in particular that I need to check for on a Rossi 92? Also what are the pros and cons of it compared to the Marlin 1894? Thanks. James.

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
&#36250 is a great buy!  If it has the saddle ring, it must be the Puma Medallion model put out in the late 80's.   These are outstanding little carbines!   Also, the Rossi M92's aren't available any more, so not only is it a good deal, but the saddle ring models haven't been made for many years... a good find in 90% condition.

I have a sweet tooth for these guns, and have two girls under 13 years of age shooting them as if they were .22's using light .38 Spcl. loads. They are accurate and dependable to a fault.   I have no bad impressions of these firearms at all!   The truth is, if we were honest with ourselves, that little carbine, when tailored with the right ammo would probably do about 85% or more of the shooting a person needs in regard to woods and field bumming!

If you're led to it, it's a good gun at a very fair price!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
69 Posts
Wow, I am feeling blessed.  I found a Rossi 92 new in the box last year for &#36250 in .45 Colt.  I love that little rifle.  It shoots better than I can see!  This summer I should have more time to work up some loads it will like.  The Rossi 92 in .357 is on my short list of rifles to find.  The last one I saw was priced at &#36325.  A saddle ring carbine for &#36250 is a good deal.   Ed

·
Registered
254 Posts
dean, the Rossi leverguns in 44mag may be a little scarce. I think (90% certain) that Navy Arms has the importation rights on these guns now. Price is up, too, due to the CAS crowd demand. You may find a NOS Rossi 44 somewhere. The Navy Arms price is comparable to the Marlin 44 now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought a Rossi 92 in 44-40 for &#36225 and it shot far better than I did!  The only problem I ever had with it I caused, so keep yours, because I regret selling mine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts