Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really like the way the 92s look and have decided I don't want to pay the price for a Browning made version. So I am thinking maybe the Brazil 92 would be the way to go. I don't like the safety, but I understand it can be removed, at least funtionally. I don't want to buy a "junk" gun but don't really know what to expect from the Rossi. I have come to respect the people's opinions on this board and would like to hear any and all comments about the Rossi M92 in 44 Mag. The other rifle I am considering is the Ruger 77/44 bolt action. Different than the lever, I know. Would also like opinions about the Ruger.
Thanks,
Andy

· Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"I am a Browning fan, but I am a fan of money in my wallet a little more than I am a fan of Browning."
Precisely my thoughts on the model 92 Browning I was looking at.
andy

· Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I should have been more specific. I am leaning towards a lever, Winchester has lost me with its rate of twist and strange hammer, Marlins I don't care for the way they look. I think the little Ruger is neat but not sure its for me. Main use will be recreation, not really for hunting, just for playing around with a big bore rifle. I have kind of decided that the Rossi is the way to go, but worry about quality. Did your Rossi's work fine out of the box, and if not, what work did you do to make them what you wanted. I have looked at them, the plastic magazine follower has to go, replacements are available in steel tho, the sights didn't impress me, but once again, replacements are available for not too much. And finally the safety, Paco outlines a way to de-activate and disguise the safety. I do love the way the 92s look, thats the main reason for asking about the Rossi.
andy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.