Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Buy a new Puma 92 rifle or carbine in standard calibers -- .38/357, .44 Magnum or .45 Colt -- and get ready to strap on a Bowie knife from Legacy Sports International.

ACT NOW! Offer good only from December 1, 2002 to March 31, 2003.
Offer does NOT apply to Pumas in .454 Casull or .480 Ruger calibers.

http://www.legacysports.com/bowie/index.htm

I came across this on Legacy's Strap on a Bowie Knife page. It does not show up in the 2002 catalog.

·
Banned
738 Posts
I just talked to Mike at M&M gunsmithing. He said that the 480caliber is coming out in 2003 and he has actually seen them.
Mike is the warrenty gunsmith for Legacysports.
He also told me that the .454 version will be coming out in stainless in 2003 also.
Whoopie!!!!!!!!1

·
Registered
204 Posts
WOW!

It's great to hear that the Puma will be offered in stainless steel. So far I've heard nothing but good reports about the .454 Casull chambering in these carbines. I hope that this continues, although it may be too early to tell if they will hold up to the .454 pressures in the long run.

It seems that I read some discussion on another BB about the .480 Ruger in a Model '92 type action and one of the posters claimed that it couldn't be done due to the width of the cartridge, or something like that. I'm glad to see that isn't true. The .480 should be a real thumper in a L/A carbine. Maybe this kind of competition is why Winchester decided to bring out the .480 Ruger after all.

Either way, it's a win-win for the consumer and a great development for lever-pullers!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Heard nothing but good things about how the Puma .454 shoots, can't wait to see the .480 version. The only complaints about the Puma are about the wood, and that CAN be fixed.
Mark

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Some people just can't accept the idea that someone else besides their favorite manufacturer, i.e. Marlin, Ruger and Winchester have come out with a firearm that can handle the 454 Casull or 480 Ruger. It is assumed if they cannot then no one can, especially a "Spanish" firm. "Spanish" firm is what an "Expert" called Rossi. This was discussed on another forum.

But it seems some of the skeptics are mute now. But some will never be convinced. No that's not right. Some will never accept it.

I have not purchased a Rossi Puma in 454 Casull as of yet. I have a few projects still to complete.

·
Banned
738 Posts
Here in central IL I haven't even seen a new Rossi in .454 yet. But I'm not really interested in that one. Since my .45 Colts can be loaded up to a healthy level, I don't wory about it.
But now that the .480 Ruger is to be chambered in a Rossi , I am interested. I haven't bought anything really new in a very long time. I think this qualifies as new, and it's really about time I think.

Who ever the writer was that called Rossi a "Spanish" company was really all wet. Not only are they in Brazil, but they speek Portugese there. I hope I spelled that right.
J

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Check out "Ask The Experts" for the Spanish writer.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=31818

I meet people like this all the time. At first I use to listen to them. But as I have matured and learned over the years I take their advise with a grain of salt. I do my own research. I have passed on many good deals over the years because I heeded their advise. I try not to emulate their behavior. It is hard because I am bias also. But I try to keep an open mind.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Yanqui,

I clicked on your above 2002 link to the gunbroker forum and, after reading some of the posts, it is obvious that you "know what of you speak". Most of the other posters really look........well, a large serving of crow in order. The Puma 92 .454 Casull does not blow-up, suffer bearing failure, split stocks or suffer from any of the other catastrophies predicted by these self appointed "experts". I join you in ignoring them and others like them, especially the one that grouped the Brazilians, Italians, Spanish and Belgians into a group that can't be trusted to manufacture a fine firearm.

Did somebody say Perazzi? Or was it Garbi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts