Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt inclined to share my experience with the form that I had with the customer service people at Rossi /Taurus Firearms. First, I want to state that under no circumstances should you ever decide that you want to take apart the receiver portion of a Rossi single-shot rifle. Although it appears a simple task, reassembly of the trigger mechanism is obviously more than I am capable of. I am not an incapable person, as I have built both my ARs and take weapons apart all the time for a thorough cleaning. An AR build is nothing compared to getting these parts aligned and the springs situated just right, so it will all go back together. The next time I get the urge to clean out the receiver I will just soak it down good with degreaser, and lube it with an aerosol spray like Break-Free, as suggested by the Service Tech.

Now for my experience: I did get it back together once only to find out that I had crushed the trigger spring and bent the hammer spring upon final assembly. I attempted the reassembly multiple times over a few days and wasted about six hours. I called Customer service and explained to them what I did. The receptionist transferred me to a service tech and I explained to him what I did again. He laughed and said, "Yeah, we get that quite a bit". I told him I had damaged the springs and he said he would send them out to me, and that if I couldn't get it together to ship it to them and they would do it for me. I received the springs in four days. Even after several more attempts I still could not get the parts to stay together and align properly. So I boxed it up and mailed the receiver and parts to Rossi.

I mailed it on a wednesday. Rossi sent me an email that they received it on Friday. On Monday I received another email that it was repaired and would ship on Tuesday. Wednesday at 1150am the FedEx driver arrived with the repaired receiver. Upon inspection it was cleaned, assembled and worked just like it did before I took it apart. There was no charge for the parts or my stupidity and it was repaired and assembled under their warranty service.

I cannot be happier with this transaction from Rossi. They were nothing but professional and had excellent communication. The only complaint that I could possibly have is the wait I had on hold to actually speak to the receptionist. I was on hold for approx 8 minutes before I got to speak to a person, but this may not be normal and may have just been a busy time for them. That is nothing to really complain about and I am totally thrilled with the Customer Service department and the assistance I received.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
8 minutes feels like an eternity but the local mill shop here in town had me on their phone tree for 7 minutes and 5 minutes and it cut me off the first time, then they didnt get back to me for 3 hours and they are local.

Id say that Rossi is doing things right it sounds like. Good for you VA Bigbore.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts