Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iown a rossi interarms they went out of business so im screwd my pistol misfires rossi wont fix it what if braztec goes out then it will be the same problem ruger smith doesnt have this issue thats why im selling my rossi and buying a ruger gp100 ruger is a ruger made by ruger manufactured by ruger if any problem contact ruger and ruger fixes end of conversation!!!now thats the way it should be no **** excuses just results

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Doesnt Taurus own Rossi now? Id check with them and see what they say.

Get the GP100 anyway. Great revolver and you wont be disappointed. Ruger takes care of theirs.

mind you, I am not Taurus bashing. I own Taurus handguns too.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
And people are always saying how much they saved, well that is exactly why. I know that Taurus makes guns that Ruger and S&W don't, and there are some good guns they make, but is it really worth the hassle of having to send a gun back and not sure if its ever going to be fixed right? Of all the guns I own, I've had one issue with a Ruger (cracked stock, replaced for free) and one issue with a S&W (shooting low with fixed sights, they replaced the barrel and slide) Both issues were resolved within 2 weeks and I am more than satisfied with the results.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Got my wife a Taurus 85 Titanium and it was not timed properly and would stick. Traded it in and got her a 13 ounce Scandium Smith and Wesson M&P 360 .357 which cost a bundle but it works and I expect it will keep working. On the other hand my 19 ounce TaurusTitanium 450 in .45 Colt never misses a beat. So it seems to be hit and miss with Taurus. Never had any problems with my Rugers.

·
Registered
46 Posts
They have one of my rifles right now. Since I have sent it in I have had two folks tell me they have sent guns into them and they where sent back with the same problem like they didn't even touch the gun.:mad:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
response to michael

QUOTE=MMichaelAK;478009]Doesnt Taurus own Rossi now? Id check with them and see what they say.

Get the GP100 anyway. Great revolver and you wont be disappointed. Ruger takes care of theirs.

mind you, I am not Taurus bashing. I own Taurus handguns too.[/QUOTE]

yes taurus bought out rossi but i still have the same problem if rossi would,nt fix then i don,t stand a chance with taurus any hoo i,ve traded that piece of crap & will never own another rossi you get what you pay for & ruger 4 now own 4 me more $ but really worth it

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
response to simongirty

They have one of my rifles right now. Since I have sent it in I have had two folks tell me they have sent guns into them and they where sent back with the same problem like they didn't even touch the gun.:mad:
rossi craped on me & used the fine print to avoid responsability guys pay the extra & get quality ruger smith less hassle

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
response to mattsbox 99

And people are always saying how much they saved, well that is exactly why. I know that Taurus makes guns that Ruger and S&W don't, and there are some good guns they make, but is it really worth the hassle of having to send a gun back and not sure if its ever going to be fixed right? Of all the guns I own, I've had one issue with a Ruger (cracked stock, replaced for free) and one issue with a S&W (shooting low with fixed sights, they replaced the barrel and slide) Both issues were resolved within 2 weeks and I am more than satisfied with the results.
amen speak the gospil brother saving money is,nt allways best espically on a fire arm too defend your life

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
rossi bash from unhappy customer

sure the newer rossis are better but what about the ones made by interarms thats my only issue with rossi if they would only fix my fire arm i,d quit bashing them but when i called i got a smart *** customer service agent like its my faught look guys your grown so buy what u want but take my experience & pay the extra 4 a ruger gp100 or smith model66 or if your thinking auto then ruger p89 hands down not acurate but never miss fired ever after 1000 rounds and reliablity is first in my book allways

·
Registered
68 Posts
I had a Ruger security 6 that shaved lead from the first shot . I traded it in before I found out Ruger stood by there products. I have a S & W 627 that started shaving lead, I contacted S & W and with in a few days they had a shipping label to me with instructions on how they wanted the hand gun shipped back to them; with in two weeks I had it back and they told me that they recut the cone. They paid the postage. Both Ruger and S & W stand by there products . you can not go wrong. I have had no experiance with Taurus.

·
Banned
101 Posts
iown a rossi interarms they went out of business so im screwd my pistol misfires rossi wont fix it what if braztec goes out then it will be the same problem ruger smith doesnt have this issue thats why im selling my rossi and buying a ruger gp100 ruger is a ruger made by ruger manufactured by ruger if any problem contact ruger and ruger fixes end of conversation!!!now thats the way it should be no **** excuses just results

comments not necessary

·
Banned
105 Posts
Buy quality and you will never go wrong.
As for getting a gun fixed, get ahold of a good gunsmith. If you get a good one, you will either want to sell your cheap gun soon or he will tell you what it takes to make that gun run.
I'm still trying to replace the cheap scopes that I bought in my youth. One at a time.

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
well if we talkin quality .. i got two tasco cheapies.. they must work ..you can still see through them..:rolleyes:id hate to seeum go ,,being as they must be good scopes ..but they can be had for a brick of winchester hv 22 hollow points..now you can t beat that deal.. slim:)
ps had my negative experience with rossi 357s..because of those two guns... gods country here no longer handles them..
that really happened..
edit..i put the tasco on a 22 just to make sure it functions..just forget it..heck it was a tasco.. no explanation needed.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Most Rossi guns are Smith clones. Any decent gunsmith who can repair a Smith revolver can fix your Rossi.

And for the record, over the years I have had more problems from S&W guns than Taurus guns. Every maker lets loose a lemon from time to time. Colt, Ruger and Smith are no exceptions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.