Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ruger 10-22,i bought last jan.,The reciever screw holes are stripped out.Could someone give me a step by step on how to fix this?I ve been using iron sights,but when im checking trap,almost every time i see alot of squirrels,so i need a scope to hit um.id really appreciate it.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,098 Posts
Simplest thing would probably be to drill and tap them to the next larger size. Or, if removing the scope constantly isn't an issue, you could put a little dab of epoxy (think JB Weld) on the screws and gently put the scope base back on. I'd suggest removing the guts of the action before doing this.... as memory serves, the screw holes go clear through the top of the receiver. Wouldn't want to drop a blob of glue into the bolt.

I put a scope base on my 10/22 probably close to 20 years ago and it's been on since, so there's a chance I'm mis-remembering how it went on......

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Could i put epoxy ONLY on the base plate?

You won't be able to count on the firearm to perform every day and forever if you do it that way. Really need some mechanical fasteners involved to hold a scope on good.

MikeG's solution is much more permenant and robust for a working gun.

Cheezywan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts