Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Refer to jbee's post on the Ruger 944, if it's a 40S&W, it's a 944. It has a recoil spring collar retaining spring,tiney little circular thing, pry it off and it goes flying across the shop never to be seen again. I called Ruger, they sent me one that didn't fit. Called them back, went through the whole thing, sent them pictures. They were VERY helpful as it confused them too. They finally figured out they had sent the wrong part, sent me two new ones, asked for feedback to make sure I was all set, gave me some assembly tips that make the whole job a lot easier and apologized profusely for not being able to send the part first up. What a great company to do business with, I knew there was a reason I liked their products, they care about me as a customer, what a novel idea in today's world!!!

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
I agree, I've only had the one warranty issue, but this fall I might send one of my RLs in for a tune up, mostly just to have them look at it.

·
Registered
452 Posts
do you use UPS to ship?
I have been thinking of sending in a Blackhawk for some repair.
It seems to me that if I address a package to "Sturm, Ruger & Co" I might as well add a sticker that reads "GUN INSIDE - STEAL ME".
I assume I will have to tell the nice lady at the counter that the box contains a handgun and buy lot of insurance.
Or am I just paranoid?

·
Inactive for over a decade
6,248 Posts
You have to use UPS or Fedex to ship it... but call Ruger, if it needs repair they will pay the shipping, that will save you $60 or so. You have to ask for the call tag though, they won't offer to pay for shipping. They might also just reimburse you for shipping, I've heard a few guys saying that.

You can address it "SR & Co." but you should also purchase the insurance just in case. UPS requires you to notify them that it is a firearm.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.