Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Ruger limited run SS bisley in 45 colt in about January.  To make it my favorite gun and pig killer extraordinare (ok only one pig) I had to order a taller front sight to bring the impact down for 300 and 325 grain bullets.  Then I had to buy a reamer and go to a friends house who has a lathe to ream the cylinder throats from 448 to 453.  My dad liked mine so much he asked me to try to find him one.  We located one on an internet auction and got it, its supposed to be factory new.  The fired case was dated April of this year so its a 2nd run.  It Came with higher front sight and cylinders are 451 and a smidge, with a 451 bore.  No need for messing around, although the throats could be a tad bigger.

Have they finally seen the light?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,233 Posts
I think that they finally wore out the old reamer and bought a new one!

·
Registered
572 Posts
LOL Mike,

Now they can send that reamer over to the boys on the .44 line.

Matt, I truely hope that you are right. I would think that out of all the calibers that the .45 gets more cast bullets run down the tube. Hopefully Ruger is listening to the users and taking measures to make things a mite easier for those who favor the .45 Colt. For good reason I might add  ;*)

Scotty

1 - 3 of 3 Posts