Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This one is for my use. I checked out the 'sniper' site on the web, but couldn't find instructions for my Ruger Model 77 Mk II. Can someone provide me with instructions, or a website to tell me how to adjust the trigger, and how to take the bolt apart.

Thanks for the help, again.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Many thanks, ID. I'll try the limited disassembly shown in the manual to lubricate the parts, etc. At that time I may find it possible, I'll see, to lighten the firing pin spring.

I'll also try to 'moly' the trigger mechanism since this has been helpful in the past.

Thank you.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I try to remember safety glasses as soon as I work on/around springs. They may be small but they can pack a wallop to an eyeball!

Thanks, again, for your replies.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I plan on taking the careful approach to this project since I "hate to get up off my wallet" for repair bills. When I have time I will disassemble the 'piece' to see what is reasonable.

Thank you for the advice.

·
Banned
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The website, and it's connection from Jack, were excellent. Now I've got an alternative to a lighter spring. The technique is straight-forward. I am considering doing a care-
ful rework of the parts pictured. I do understand about keeping proper angles, and the problem with removing the hardened, outside surface of these parts...

Many thanks to both of you ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts