Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
2,212 Posts
The MKII trigger is designed NOT to be adjustable. Timney offers an excellent replacement that is adjustable for weight and overtravel, and it can be installed at home with a good file and some care. You must fit the trigger to the individual gun for the safety to function, but it isn't a difficult task.
As for the bolt, how far apart do you want to take it? I belive instructions are in the manual for unscrewing the cocking piece/ firing pin assembly, which should be all that is necessary for cleaning and degreasing. If these instructions aren't included, please repost and I'll try to help. I've owned a couple of these rifles, but don't have one currently, so I don't have the manual - working from memory, always a dangerous thing... IDShooter

·
Beartooth Regular
2,212 Posts
I've known guys who improved the trigger a bit by polishing the sear and engagement, and even lightening the return spring. I've felt these triggers, and they are an improvement over the factory for sure, but not in a league with the Timney.
Either way you go, it's got to be an improvement over the factory job.
As for the firing pin spring - I never took mine down that far. The only rifle on which I've ever taken the bolt down that far was a Mauser. Hopefully someone else can help with that!

Good luck and be safe, IDShooter

1 - 2 of 2 Posts