Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Inactive account
1,168 Posts
When I was stationed in TX that was my back up while hunting -though I never got the chance to see if it would work on hogs. I had a decent load worked up using 250gr RN cast bullet that was very accurate, don't know what the FPS was I didn't have a chrony then. But I wouldn't have doupted its ablity to penertrate a hog. Now you said your friend has a 45 LC- he should use it definately a better choice, get some Buffalo Bore rounds and it will go end to end on the biggest hogs!! If he insists on using the Old Army have that Casull close by. Just in case.:D

· Inactive account
1,168 Posts
Searoy
Tell ANZO to forget that .50 cal pistol-it can't be loaded to any sort of power level required for Hogs-if it's the Flint/cap style. MAx load is like 25 gr!!! Now if it one of those NEW heavy barrel inline type 's that would be a big improvement over the Old Army- these things can be loaded almost as hot a BP rifle. :D

· Inactive account
1,168 Posts
James Gates
What kind of penetration did you get with that load? Distance of the shot? Cureous minds want to know. that would be my only worry in using the Old Army could it get past the Armor? A shot angaling forward from behind the ribs into the heart /lung would be a good shot -but hard to do even close.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.