Shooters Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone own one of these? If so what do you think of it? Likes and dislikes. I am thinking of getting one for a CCW. ANY input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
541 Posts
I haven't fired one, nor have I carried one, but from the one I held, and what I've heard it's a great gun!

I'll be watching this thread. I'm curious what other have to say too.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I havnt read any reviews on it, but I did check one out at a gun show, it looked realy nice and felt really good. I guess I am going to have to buy one to find out about them. I have always liked Ruger guns so I dont think I will go wrong if I buy one. Just wish I could get some opinions from others, who owned or shot one before I bought one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I got to handle one at the range one day, but the guy that owned it was packing up, and I was shooting a .480 so I didn't get to shoot it. It sure felt good and pointed really nice. If I didn't already have my Colt, I'd consider one.

·
Banned
2 Posts
I've had a P345 for 5 or 6 months, and I've fired about 100 rounds through it so far. My impressions of it are that it fits my hand better than most other semi-autos, it shoots softer than my P-90 or my Colt 1911 (I don't notice the recoil as much), and it conceals underneath a jacket very well. The loaded chamber indicator is a nice touch. The only problem I had with it initially was a failure of the slide to go completely into battery with 185 grain JHP's. I corrected that with a slightly heavier recoil spring (15 pound). Overall, I love the gun and intend to keep it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I've owned one for about 4 years now. One of the best pistols ruger has made in my opinion. Its accurate and will cycle anything you can put in it. Mine is right beside my bed because I know this gun will function every time. I have well over a thousand rounds through this gun. Have no fear and buy it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi!

Sorry if I'm a bit late to this thread, but I just found (and joined) this forum.

Bought my P345 about 6 years ago. Have fired about 2630 rounds through it. The gun hardly ever fails to feed (only happened to me about 4 or 5 times) and when it does a quick slap on the magazine has always put the gun into battery. This is by far the most reliable ,45 auto I've ever owned!

Accuracy is quite acceptable for this type of pistol as well. Once my glasses have been cleaned, I can usually put 8 rounds into a 3" circle at 30' shooting off-hand.

Recoil is very manageable even with full power loads. Wrapped around the guide-rod is a flat spring which acts as a recoil buffer. This does a pretty good job of tempering the felt recoil.

The trigger pull was a bit stiff at first, as is usual with most Ruger double-actions. Currently, though, it's quite nice. I suppose you could get a gunsmith to smooth it out, but I'd rather just shoot the gun and let it wear in by itself.

One note of caution, however. Under no circumstances should the gun be dry-fired without a magazine in place. This will damage the gun and result in subsequent misfires. Unfortunately, this happened to my gun before it ever left the store. I bought the display model and ended up sending it back to Ruger about three weeks after I took it home. That was over six years ago, though, and I haven't had any trouble with it since.

-Joe

1 - 13 of 13 Posts