Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me how to detail strip the slide on a Ruger KP-95? I want to take the decockers out and get to the firing pin and extractor. It looks like the rear sight has to come off.......can anyone confirm?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,404 Posts
I'm going from memory here, but yes, that sounds familiar for the Ruger P-series. I did get a P-89 slide apart once, but don't have the gun any more and don't remember all the details.

Good luck.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Kruzer, in my pistol book they show :using a tool (small screwdriver in side of the slide)flex the extractor outward until it can be levered forward.
Remove the extractor forward and toward the right.
With the safty-levers in off safe postion, use a thumbnail or non-maring tool to nudge the right saftey lever outward. Keep a fingertip below the

lever, to catch the positioning plunger and spring, which will be released downward as it clears the slide.
Turn the left safty lever to a little past on safe position, and remove it toward the left CAUTION: Restrain the firing pin which will be released as the saftey clears the slide.
Remove the firing pin and its spring toward the rear.
Use a non marring tool to drive the rear sight out of its dovetail toward the right. Restrain the firing pin block spring as the sight clears it.
Remove the firing pin block and its spring upward.
Hope this helps.

Gun Runner

·
Banned
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks gun runner

I think it will be a big help, thanks. I'll give it a try Saturday morning. What book is it that you referenced? Sounds like one I need to add to my shelf.

·
Registered
302 Posts
;) Kruzr glad I could help the book is:
The Gun Digest Book of FIREARMS ASSEMBLY/DISASSEMBLY.
Part 1: Automatic pistols 2nd Edition
by J.B. Wood. Most Gun Stores might have a copy for sale.

Gun Runner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts