Shooters Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have this Single Six, older model. I got it NIB for a song. It also have a 22 Mag Cylinder.

So far it has done well on squrrels and rabbits, the 9 1/2" barrel is a little clumsy, but it is nice to shoot.

Jerry

Attachments

·
Registered
770 Posts
I have one I bought new. Probably 10k rounds later, I'm not sure, but it may be "broke in". 6'5in. barrel, what a gun....love it!!!

·
Banned
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are great pistols, lots of fun shooting them.

Jerry

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine new a few months ago and opted for the 4.62" barrel.I like it,it is plenty long enough to take out milkjug caps at 25 yards.I liked the looks of the barrel and ejection rod being the same length.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I got one back in the mid 80's with the mag cylider. Brand new and that is my trapping gun I use the 22LR for trapping. I do not have to load it full .Just put one round in and then count the clicks and close and just shoot the one round I need .

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
A friend has a Single Six 6.5" that is the most accurate revolver I have ever encountered, bar none. Shot off of a rest with the issue sights, it will put cylinderful after cylinderful of CCI Mini Mags in to a 25-yard group that can be neatly hidden under a dime. If you didn't know better, you'd think you were missing the target altogether after about the third shot. It shot that well out of the box many years ago and still does today, after countless 1000s of rounds.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got one back in the mid 80's with the mag cylider. Brand new and that is my trapping gun I use the 22LR for trapping. I do not have to load it full .Just put one round in and then count the clicks and close and just shoot the one round I need .
Makes sense.A .22 LR is about all anyone would want to fire without ear protection when out trapping.

·
Registered
18 Posts
You just can't go wrong with a Ruger Single Six. I bought my first RSS while I was in college in about 1965 which is the top Super Single Six. They were new then and I could only find a 6 1/2 inch barrel so I bought it and had it cut down to 4 5/8. The middle single six was my father in laws gun and has a serial number in the 60,000 range. It is still as tight as a new gun. The last one in the picture was my mother in laws original Bearcat.

·
Registered
23 Posts
You just can't go wrong with a Ruger Single Six. I bought my first RSS while I was in college in about 1965 which is the top Super Single Six. They were new then and I could only find a 6 1/2 inch barrel so I bought it and had it cut down to 4 5/8. The middle single six was my father in laws gun and has a serial number in the 60,000 range. It is still as tight as a new gun. The last one in the picture was my mother in laws original Bearcat.

That top one looks just like mine.I guess we have the same tastes,but all I had to do was buy it that way-I'll bet you didn't have to pay $410 though :rolleyes: is it original or is it modified to have the transfer bar?

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
My first handgun that I bought was when I was 17 is used Ruger NMSSS with a 5.5" and dual cycl. That was around 82' for $145. Still shoot it every other day when I'm home (range in backyard). Looking forward to shooting it next month when home on leave.

CD

·
Registered
5,318 Posts
I have one, and guess what, it shoots about as well as everyone elses.

I'm waiting for somebody that got a bad one to speak up.

Mine has consumed more .22 Mag than .22LR, It's a SS 6 1/2" model. I bought it as the gun that would hang tough 'til the end of all things, and still shoot like a champ. Most likely it will.

I've popped prairie dogs at 100yds with it, a couple foxes, many ground hogs. It's the one they will pry from my cold dead hands.

·
Registered
18 Posts
That top one looks just like mine.I guess we have the same tastes,but all I had to do was buy it that way-I'll bet you didn't have to pay $410 though :rolleyes: is it original or is it modified to have the transfer bar?
I don't remember how much I paid for the Super Single 6, but I'm sure it was way under $100. I never sent it in for modification.

·
Banned
72 Posts
like the top pistol in combat drivers pix not a ruger but the black powder guns are a favorite. have two old army one ss the other blue. and 3 other ssa.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have one of the "newer" safety model, Great Relvover!!! I have put around 500-750 rounds, both LR and Mags through and if there is a mistake in hitting what I am aiming at I Know it is me. I paid WAY to much $450.00 Cdn but I had handled one in the old days and enjoyed plunking. I remembered where that feeling came from when I first took it to the range.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts