Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a call from a bud who requires step by step disasembly instructions.  Can any one help, and are there pictures included? Thanks  

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOPS, now it is a GP 100  Thanks....

·
Registered
251 Posts
The manuals for my Super Redhawks are sitting in storage, (so no pictures) disassembly should be the same.

1.  Using screwdriver, remove grips.  If he still has the factory grips on the GP, there should be a small pin stored under the LH grip panel.  hang on to it.
2.  Cock the hammer.  Insert the beforementioned pin into the hole at the end of the hammer strut.  Release the hammer.  Spring tension should now be off the strut assembly, so it should slide right out.
3.  Push the hammer pivot out the right side of the frame, hammer should now come right out.
4.  Now comes the hard part.  Hold gun securely in either extra set of small hands or a padded vise.  At the front side of the grip frame you will see a large (1/4" or so) dentent pin that goes from the trigger guard assembly into the frame.  Using either a brass punch or a tool from Brownells called the "Ruger Popper", push that detent all the way in.  This will be difficult the first time the gun is disassembled!!!  With detent pushed forward, you can now pivot the trigger guard assembly forward and remove.
5.  Cylinder yoke assembly cannow be pulled straight out the front of the frame.
6.  Reassemble in reverse order.  No, getting the trigger guard assembly back in isn't much easier than getting it out.
Good shooting
Mark

·
Registered
17 Posts
I scanned the pages of my owners manual that deal with disassembly and emailed it to you.  sorry its about 1 meg in size and I couldn't reduce it.  Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help, I will print and deliver them asap.    Thanks  again...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts