Shooters Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if the Davidson's special run of Ruger Vaqueros in .38-40 is still available? If so, what do they generally sell for in .stainless steel, 5 and a half inch barrels?

Regards,
Timberwolf :)

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
They are still on Gunsamerica so they must at least be around still. The going price is about $450 on the site, so you could count on $500 to have it in your possession after shipping and a dealer transfer if your local dealer can't get one.

If you want it for general shooting, as opposed to CAS, look for a Buckeye convertible with the 38/40 and 10mm cylinders, the adjustable sight will be worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Buckeye 38-40/10MM

kciH,

I found a NIB Buckeye Blackhawk 38-40/10MM that will cost $575 out the door. Is this about what they are going for?

·
Banned
511 Posts
My blue book if I remember correctly shows a 10 or 20 % deduction on convertable buckeye special 38-40/10mm Be sure to bring that info to the bargaining table when your hagling over price May work to your advantage?

444fitch

·
Registered
22 Posts
A search of Davidson's finds this info on your handgun:

Item # KBNV38X-C MSRP 574.25
Mfg Ruger Quantity 65
Model Vaquero Convertible Cylinder Caliber 38-40|40SW
Type Revolver Finish Bright Stainless Steel
Additional Specifications
Action: Single Action
Stock: Rosewood Grips, Smooth
Capacity: 6
Safety: Transfer Bar
Sights: Fixed Front Blade
Barrel Length: 4 5/8"
Overall Length: 10 1/4"
Weight: 39oz
Add'l Features 1: Exclusively available from Davidson's
Packaging: Lockable Plastic Case with lock and key

444fitch said:
My blue book if I remember correctly shows a 10 or 20 % deduction on convertable buckeye special 38-40/10mm Be sure to bring that info to the bargaining table when your hagling over price May work to your advantage?

444fitch

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're in luck: besides having 65 Vaquero's in stock in .38-40 (they don't list a 5.5 inch model), Davidson's also lists the Winchester 1892 as available in that caliber.

Item # 534079167 MSRP 995.00
Mfg U.S. Repeating Arms|Winchester Quantity 48
Model 1892 Limited Series Caliber 38-40
Type Rifle Finish Blue
Additional Specifications
Action: Lever Action
Stock: Walnut, Satin, Non-Checkered, Straight
Receiver: Blue
Capacity: 10+1
Safety: Tang Safety
Sights: Open Sights
Barrel Length: 20" Tapered Octagon BBL
Butt Plate: Steel Crescent Butt Plate
Add'l Features 1: Davidson's Exclusive Spec Edtn w/ Authenticity Cert
Add'l Features 2: Roll Marked on BBL 1 of 500, Tubular Magazine

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.