Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Davidson's special run of Ruger Vaqueros in .38-40 is still available? If so, what do they generally sell for in .stainless steel, 5 and a half inch barrels?

Regards,
Timberwolf :)

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Timberwolf,

Look at WWW.galleryofguns.com or davidsons.com. Either should get you into Davidsons web site which is available to anyone. You can check their inventory for any specific item. If it shows as sold out, call them and they can give you dealers names in your area which purchased the item.

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
They are still on Gunsamerica so they must at least be around still. The going price is about $450 on the site, so you could count on $500 to have it in your possession after shipping and a dealer transfer if your local dealer can't get one.

If you want it for general shooting, as opposed to CAS, look for a Buckeye convertible with the 38/40 and 10mm cylinders, the adjustable sight will be worth the extra cost.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Buckeye 38-40/10MM

kciH,

I found a NIB Buckeye Blackhawk 38-40/10MM that will cost $575 out the door. Is this about what they are going for?

·
Banned
511 Posts
My blue book if I remember correctly shows a 10 or 20 % deduction on convertable buckeye special 38-40/10mm Be sure to bring that info to the bargaining table when your hagling over price May work to your advantage?

·
Banned
511 Posts
My blue book if I remember correctly shows a 10 or 20 % deduction on convertable buckeye special 38-40/10mm Be sure to bring that info to the bargaining table when your hagling over price May work to your advantage?

444fitch

·
Registered
22 Posts
A search of Davidson's finds this info on your handgun:

Item # KBNV38X-C MSRP 574.25
Mfg Ruger Quantity 65
Model Vaquero Convertible Cylinder Caliber 38-40|40SW
Type Revolver Finish Bright Stainless Steel
Additional Specifications
Action: Single Action
Stock: Rosewood Grips, Smooth
Capacity: 6
Safety: Transfer Bar
Sights: Fixed Front Blade
Barrel Length: 4 5/8"
Overall Length: 10 1/4"
Weight: 39oz
Add'l Features 1: Exclusively available from Davidson's
Packaging: Lockable Plastic Case with lock and key

444fitch said:

444fitch

·
Registered
22 Posts
You're in luck: besides having 65 Vaquero's in stock in .38-40 (they don't list a 5.5 inch model), Davidson's also lists the Winchester 1892 as available in that caliber.

Item # 534079167 MSRP 995.00
Mfg U.S. Repeating Arms|Winchester Quantity 48
Model 1892 Limited Series Caliber 38-40
Type Rifle Finish Blue
Additional Specifications
Action: Lever Action
Stock: Walnut, Satin, Non-Checkered, Straight
Receiver: Blue
Capacity: 10+1
Safety: Tang Safety
Sights: Open Sights
Barrel Length: 20" Tapered Octagon BBL