Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't decide.  You all know more about revolvers then I do and probably have several in your holsters.  Here's what I'm lookin' for.  A single action revolver in .45 w/ 4 3/4" or 5 1/2" barrel.  This will be used for CAS and plinking.  A Ruger Vaquero, Colt P1840/50, USFA Rodeo or Peacekeeper.  I can only get one.

What are your druthers?

There's NO hunting. NO self-defense. NO pistol whipping. NO throat sizing. NO nothin' special.  Plain vanilla.  I just want it to work reasonable well out of the box and discover the fun of shooting myself.  Later, I'll worry about the other stuff.  If it needs doctorin' I'll get it done and have even more fun.

Cost is not a big concern, but it still enters into the equation .  I know that there are many other manufacturers of fine firearms out there, but I wanted to narrow it down to 3.

Thanks to all who respond and to those who just read this.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Odessa!  I just ordered a Vaquero .45 with 5 1/2" barrel.  I called Colt today and got an MSRP for the P1850 and it was way outa' my price range.  Maybe someday I'll find one at a gun show, but I'll survive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts