Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I unlocked the doors this morning I was nosing around on "Bud's Guns" website to see what .22 Long Rifle ammunition they had in stock.
Good grief! Most everything they normally have available was listed as "Out Of Stock". The only .22 Long Rifle ammunition they had in stock is on the very first page. Most of that ammunition involved Aguila and some of the "high end" Eley.
I did go all the way through the pages of .22 rimfire that they have listed, and even .22 crimped blanks were listed as OOS. What? Some shooters just want to make noise? Maybe those are the rounds that 22 Plinkmeister used to shoot through his swinging wedding ring? :rolleyes:
Not to go home empty handed, I ordered a brick of Eley Tenex to test in a couple of my bolt rifles to see if they like a gourmet diet. With my luck, they probably will.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Where have you been the last few months son? The rest of us have been suffering under the current hoarding mentality. Remember toilet paper?

Glad you found something...

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where have you been the last few months son? The rest of us have been suffering under the current hoarding mentality. Remember toilet paper?

Glad you found something...

Haven't felt the need to look for more .22 rimfire, I'm pretty well stocked up. Just thought I'd take a look-see as to what Bud's might have, so I saw some Eley Tenex and felt the need for some. They do have plenty of Aguila available.
We have plenty of toilet paper in the "two-holer" out back.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,598 Posts
Speaking if hoarders, i remember a pic the gunsmith posted here yesterday maybe, with what musta been 30,000 22 shells on his shelves. Had try he watermark and everything.

I don't feel bad at all for having my meesley 2500.

RJ

Reactions: SGW Gunsmith

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was able to pick up a case of Center X last month but I hold it back for my RF match rifle. I have enough RF to last a while as long as the grandson doesn't come down and want to go to the range.;)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking if hoarders, i remember a pic the gunsmith posted here yesterday maybe, with what musta been 30,000 22 shells on his shelves. Had try he watermark and everything.

RJ
Oh, those that are in the cupboard? Yah, the cases won't fit in there.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

RJ

Yah, many of those "without" call it "HOARDING", I call it thinking ahead.
And then there are these:

Since I was 10, I saved one full box from every brick my Dad bought and started up my collection. These .22 rounds are sorta like that "hard-rock" candy that Lone Waddi showed to Josie Wales, "it ain't for shootin, it's for [email protected]@KIN' at"

·
Super Moderator
9,433 Posts
So much potential.....locked up....it's kind of like looking at the tigers in the zoo, never to roam free to do what they were meant to do.

But I feel that way about a lot of collections...stamps that never got mailed...cars that never get driven....rifles that never get shot.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have ALWAYS had .22 rimfire ammunition to shoot, and ALWAYS will ! You should worry more about those who collect FULL cans of beer, when there are people dying of thirst in China. :oops:

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everything? Maybe in your case, but certainly not everyones. I plan on continuing to shoot a lot of .22 rimfire ammunition for quite a few more years, and as soon as I can't do that any longer............there will be an auction.

·
Registered
289 Posts
The difference in hoarding and smart investing is purchasing something that's in short supply and buying everything the store has. Buying ahead when supplies are plentiful is smart investing. People need to search their souls about what was on their mind when they did it and live with their conscience.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
I stocked up last year. That added to what I bought between the last two shortages will last me till I die. When Walmart claimed they wouldn't sell handgun ammo last year, I bought a couple hundred dollars worth at bargain prices

·
Super Moderator
9,433 Posts
Am hoiping to run out of .22's about the same time the old rifles wear out.....rifles ae winning.

Looking over my stash,was an abundance of .22 short ammo.....so I got out a semi-auto rifle that works with shorts and killed my shooting urge with some offhand plinking.

(Why does .22RFammo smoke smell different?...it does....suspect the priming....but it's kind of like the smell of paper shotgun shells so far as tipping the memory cells.)

·
Premium Member
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Am hoiping to run out of .22's about the same time the old rifles wear out.....rifles ae winning.

Looking over my stash,was an abundance of .22 short ammo.....so I got out a semi-auto rifle that works with shorts and killed my shooting urge with some offhand plinking.

(Why does .22RFammo smoke smell different?...it does....suspect the priming....but it's kind of like the smell of paper shotgun shells so far as tipping the memory cells.)
It's the coating on the powder to control the rate of burn. Once you notice it, it's LOVE at first smell, and you never get over it. Sorta like the way that original Hoppes No. 9 smelled, It sticks with you forever.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I remember hunting with paper shotgun shells. What a wonderful smell! Never forget it.:)

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,598 Posts
I still have a couple boxes of Winchester SuperX 2 3/4" magnum #4's. Feral cats beware.

RJ

1 - 20 of 30 Posts