Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like everyone got interested in Smiths new 50 cal cannon but the new gun that caught my attention was the 329. Imagine a 44 mag only 26.5 oz. sure it will kick like a mule who cares. What a great packing gun for trips in bear counrty. When I got my m 60 in 357 the dealer said it would be uncontrolable with mag. rounnds not so , a handful yes but controlable. The big question is how much is it going to cost ?

·
Registered
827 Posts
I have a Mountain Gun and I assure you I do not ever want to fire a 26.5 ounce 44magnum. I have not fired a Mod 60 but I have fired a 2 1/2" SP101 and there is no comparison to my 629 Mountain Gun using full house 44 loads. I have only fired 240 Grainers out of my MG, too cheap to buy the 300s, maybe when I start reloading. Also it offends my sensiblilities when S&W builds the Ti guns knowing they cannot stand up to a steady diet of full house loads, but thinking surely no one can stand to fire many in them anyway. While I am at it, all the other Ti guns warn against firing lead bullet loads in them, the best bear loads all use a heavy lead bullet.
Andy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts