Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When S&W frist came out with these light wieght revolvers I thought that they would be too light to shoot heavy loads in comfortably, I could not have been more incorrect. I recently aquired a 4" M-357 in 41 Mag and I absolutely love it. The revolve is very well made and extremely accurate with factory 210 grainers, which is th only load that Ihave shot in it so far.
A big thumbs up for S&W, this going to be my daily carry and trail gun

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
I have not shot one of these but I hear they are good guns. A 41 mag as an everyday carry gun? If you miss your target, they will be sending an ambulance to 1st and Main, 2nd and Main and 3rd and Main to pick up the bodies..:)
Just kidding, the 41 mag is a super defensive round.

My cousin who was also a Trooper carried a 41 mag for a number of years. He shot at an armed robber one night that was hiding behind the counter of a auto shop. He missed the robber but hit a pipe wrench which hit the robber in the head and knocked him unconscious.

·
Registered
7,712 Posts
My cousin who was also a Trooper carried a 41 mag for a number of years. He shot at an armed robber one night that was hiding behind the counter of a auto shop. He missed the robber but hit a pipe wrench which hit the robber in the head and knocked him unconscious.

Wondering "what happened to the pipe wrench"?

Cheezywan

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
I haven't shot the 357, but the 329 is more than I like and the 340 really rolls with the .357 Mag. I'd bet the 357 is probably a pretty good combination.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Thanks for the report, JWP475

I missed the opportuinty when Smith brought those out (down range), and carry a old model 58 as my woods gun. I did see that Smith brought back out a M657 2.5" this year, then theres also M357 NG. Barrels are too shoot for a woods gun. Did see the new M329 and M386 XL Hunters with a 6" bbl like your M357. Now if they'll make one of those Hunter models chambered for the .41 I'll buy it even with the lock.

CD

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine has a 4" barrel. I don't like the lock either, but an old style cylinder release button will cover the lock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts