Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to take advantage of S&W's 40% off deal for military and I see on their website they have a new line of autoloaders. I'm thinking about getting the model 1012 Super. It's ability to chamber 3.5" shells appeals to me for those long range steel shots on waterfowl.

Trouble is, there is prescious little information online about them. They must be so new that nobody has done an evaluation yet. Any chance one of ya'll know something about them? I'd appreciate your opinions before I plunk down my coin.

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Anything S&W makes seems to be nice. I would take a good look at the Winchester SX3 aka Browning Maxus. We know for sure that gun kicks arse. Time will tell on the S&W. I would not be the first to buy a new model car or gun until it has been proven.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I think I'm gonna give the S&W a shot. with 40% off, I would be an irresponsible gun nut to pass it up. ;)

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
I just did some research and the 1012 is not really that "new" - It is made in Turkey and has been imported by S&W for about 3 years. Reviews are not good. Don't know how much you are paying but for lower priced semiauto shotguns many recommend the Mossberg 930 or 935 for 3 1/2". I'm sure it would work o.k. but there were some really critical customer reviews I read. You might want to check it out first - And Thank You for your service.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am not familiar with the new S&W shotguns

I recall the older models and a few friends had them. If you like it, grab it and see how it performs. I usually shop the used gun racks and there are a lot of real bargains out there. Good luck. Take care...
Oberndorf

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input gentlemen! I haven't heard much praise on their shotguns, so I have decided not to buy it. However, I am in need of a big bore revolver that I can use for bear protection while hunting smaller game with a .243 in brown bear country. So I've got my wife rearranging finances to squeeze out some more dollars. I'm not likely to ever get another opportunity to pick up a 460 at this kind of discount, so that's what I'm getting. The 460V.:cool:

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Now your talking.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts