Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick photo of saddling up at elk camp one foggy October morning.  Makes me wish for elk season already!

Enjoy, and God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
217 Posts
Marshall,
          Don't you find all that gear and saddle kind of heavy :D ? (you know I'm kidding, stole that line from arkypete a few months ago) Love the picture, keep them coming.

Jeff

·
Registered
54 Posts
now I am depressed about living in Alabama... Marshall, it is too hard to look at these photos!!!  What a place...  very nice.

·
Beartooth Regular
2,155 Posts
Hey Marshall,
      If you leave out the mules, horses, camp trailer, and pretty much everything but the pickup that looks just like OUR elk camp!  :)
      Is that up along the North Fork?
                                  IDShooter

<!--EDIT|IDShooter|June 12 2002,22:35-->

·
Super Moderator
3,366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
IDShooter,

Yes indeed it is the North Fork.  Teepee Creek near Halsey Creek Trailhead.  Nice country, but hard to hunt without pack animals, unless of course you're a dedicated heater hunter, all the new roads get driven LOTS.  However, after archery season begins, no self respecting elk is near the roads down there anyhow.

Great fun!

Take care and God Bless,

Marshall

·
Beartooth Regular
2,155 Posts
Marshall,
     You're sure right about it being hard country to hunt. We don't have any pack animals other than our own selves, so we have to be mighty selective about where we can shoot an animal.
      We're not road hunters by any means, but we sure do pick our hunting areas carefully because getting an animal out of the woods is the hardest part! My father-in-law, with whom I hunt, used to work with the Forest Service so he knows a lot of the country around this area. That helps quite a bit!                   See ya,  IDShooter

1 - 6 of 6 Posts