Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie here. I picked up an old SAECO lubrisizor (black) with about 6 sizers, a couple of top punches and the rams. I am familiar with the STAR, but not this. The functioning seems pretty forthright. No problem. I have not taken it down and cleaned it, yet. I really would like an old manual or copy of one to check parts and understand how it works. I mean, I understand functioning and all that, but I would like to see a schematic. I'm a visual type guy. Anyone got anything like that? Thanks, Glenn

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
Glenn,
Don't have what you're looking for but didn't Redding take over Saeco? You can contact Reddings' customer service online and request a manual. Redding makes some very respectable products and their customer service is first class. You have a quality lubrisizer which should serve you well.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I recently purchased an old Herter lubrisizer that is basically a copy of the Saeco and uses the same dies.

The design is similar to a Lyman 450, but with the handle moving sideways, rather than back and forth, and with a dual linkage operating system. Also, the dies are retained in the sizer body by a nut that threads onto the bottom of the die, rather than a nut on top that threads into the sizer body. The dies fit so tightly that no O-rings are required.

Unfortunately, mine came with no owners manual or schematics and Herters has been out of business since the late 70's.

But, be happy! your sizing dies are about $40 each, and the sizer itself costs about the same as a Star. Saeco dies are still available through Midway.

I'm currently lathe turning some dies for mine, but without the threads on the bottom. I plant to use circlips to retain the dies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts