Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a little cash ready for a new gun and I've been looking over the Saiga 12 gauge, Has anyone had any experience with these or is there anything that I should look for?

I'd like to get one but I really only have had a few shotguns but none were as complicated looking as these. Anyone able to help me out?

Thanks

Joseph

·
Registered
128 Posts
it's pretty much 12 Gauge AK. one of the most reliable semi-auto actions in the world. I have seen where a few of them (few and far between) have a few flaws that got past QC. as for complaints about the weapon as a whole, i haven't heard of any. a few guys that i know that have them love them.

I've shot the 12 and 20 gauge versions a few times... not enough to give you a full fledged review, but i liked it, i would buy one.

·
Registered
978 Posts
> Anyone able to help me out?

For me, the biggest selling point is you can buy magazines for them. Which in a EOTW situation is nice for faster reloading. I have been thinking about one myself.

I wanted a wide selection of after market add-ons so I decided the Ruger 10/22, Remington 870, and Saiga 12 gauge were good choices. I have one out of three so far, the 870.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
The 12 guage Saiga is not one of the most reliable shotguns in the world - not even close. But owners like them. If you spend some $$$ you can get them in good working order. Out of the box they are good/fun range guns. Dump some $$$ in one and you could have a viable home defense shotgun

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Saiga 410 version with ten round magazines is a blast to shoot. I've used mine pheasant hunting here in South Dakota on opening weekend. Unbelieveable as it may seem the full choke was obtained off eBay from a party in England. When I first got mine went through case of clay pigeons getting the hang shooting the 410 again. Use to shoot skeet so have plenty of experience with the small bore.

Local FFL dealer who goes too a lot of gun shows had rotary magazine for the 12 gauge. It would hold around twenty rounds I believe. He tried one out shooting clays and was a blast.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts