Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Does any one know what bases i need for this sako it is a hard piece of info to obtain
It appears to me that the base(s) are integral and only Weaver type rings are needed.;)

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,131 Posts
Leupold makes ringmounts for Sako's.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sako A7 Leupold bases

kdub, do you know specifically what sako bases to use on an A7? i just want to be sure i get the right ones

·
24,131 Posts
Give Leupold a call at their 800 number and ask one of the techs. As far as I know, all Sako's take the same style ringmounts.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
A Leupold base for the A7, if made, would certainly not be the same as other Sako ones, as Sako makes rings for most all their other rifle models and this particular model has an integral Weaver type base, needing ONLY rings to mount a scope. There are, of course, Sako rings made to fit this type of base, being Sako Weaver type rings.

Leupold's site shows no bases made to fit the integral base already there.

·
24,131 Posts
That is correct - the Sako rings are called "ring mounts" because they fit special dovetails milled into the receiver.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
news

after searching around, i found that the warne bases for a browning a- bolt are the same as the Sako A7. wich leads me to this, are the Leupold bases for a browning a bolt the same as the sako A7?

·
24,131 Posts
From your research, sounds like it may be so, but you should check out the Leupold website to make sure. The older model Sako's have a tapered groove for the ringmounts and I'm guessing they are the same way for modern Sako's. What the Tikka's have, I wouldn't know - they may come drilled/tapped for bases.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The Tikka also has a dovetail milled into the receiver. I don't know if it is the same as the Sako. The receiver is also drilled/tapped for bases. The ring mount supplied are not of good quality, escecially the metric screws supplied. I may try Tilley mounts for mine if I am sure they will fit.

·
Registered
816 Posts
The Tikka dovetail is a different width than the Sako unless they have changed something over the last few years that I'm not aware of. My Tikka which is a model 695 (pre Tikka T3) is also tapped so you can use with the "ring mounts" or a standard ring/base set-up and I think the Sakos are too. I think what Bigslow is saying is that he wants to use a standard base ring combo and he is looking for a base that will match up with the tapped holes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts