Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I'm new to the shooting world. As you you guys can tell I'm a Noob...Anyways I just bought a Savage 111 in a 270 WIN. Any clue if can add a bipod and sling on it? I don't know the specs. I can't physically look at the rifle cause I have to wait 9 more days to pick it up. Also, any good scopes under $700?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Yes, the Savage 111 will have studs for attaching a bipod. Bipods are easily attached and removed from rifles. And $700 will buy as good a scope as you probably will need.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will I be able to put the bipod and the sling on, at the same time? Or can I only have one at a time? Any product suggestions on the bipod? I feel like I have so many questions.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Welcome here Noobshooter.

You found a fantastic forum. Rules are simple: be nice, and join in.

Yes, there are bipods with a swivel stud below them, so you can use both at the same time, although I'm not sure if this is a standard feature across all bipods. Not too sure on brands - your in the States, right? Might make a difference. Go to a sporting goods store, look at their selection, find a couple you like, and look up reviews for them on the net.

For scopes, some pre-emptive reading is likely in order. Check out opticsplanet.net that site should get you started. Leupolds are good scopes, A LOT of people use them. Bushnell and Zeiss are also companies you should check out.

Hope that helped,

See you around the forum,

Matt M

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey thanks for the help. I appreciate it. I pretty much got the answers I was looking for. Yes I am in the states, one of the most liberal states at that. California. But yea didn't know I could equip bipod and sling at the same time. Thats good news. Now I just have to go out and buy one. Once again thanks for the help.

·
The Shadow
7,954 Posts
I personally like Harris Bipods, they have the attachment for slings attached under them.
$700 is upper side of middle of the road as far as scopes go.
Nikon, Leupold, and Burris are all Fantastic companies. I personally prefer Leupold for the waranty. While on paper they all have the same, it has been my experience that Lupey truely is NO HASSLE.
If it is a lupey, they warrenty it for life. Burris wanted proof I bought it, etc.. Nikon was fine, just slow for repairs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea I was looking for a bipod today. I decided on a 6"-9". I just can't decide on a swivel or not. I was talking to a friend and he said he believes u can buy a swivel lock as a add on? Any clue if they exist. I know I'm starting to sidewind from the topic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Savage 111 Bipod

Yea I was looking for a bipod today. I decided on a 6"-9". I just can't decide on a swivel or not. I was talking to a friend and he said he believes u can buy a swivel lock as a add on? Any clue if they exist. I know I'm starting to sidewind from the topic.
Your Savage 111 only has one attachment point, so you won't be about to attach both a bipod and a sling ring. Maybe you can find a sling which attaches to the barrel though.

I am doing the same as you, as I just received my Savage 111 .338 Lapua. I ended up getting a Blackhawk bipod at about half the price of Harris. For me the 9" x 13" worked the best for me for long range targeting.:D

I also got a great sniper scope for cheap. 9x40-50 Baraska

1 - 9 of 9 Posts