Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had a chance to see, handle and/or fire this new offering from savage? How does it compare in quality to the other models they make?

I would think the 26" barrel would make prime use of the 25-06 cartridge. Probably a stupid question, but can the gun be fired without the muzzle break?(otherwise should probably have ear protection) Thought it unique as their other offerings in this caliber are only 22" barrels and I have been told a 25-06 should have at least a 24" barrel.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have never shot one, but have held one at Gander Mountain. The action is pretty slick and the larger bolt knob is a plus. The longer barrel will help with velocity. The model I held was in 308 I think, and it did not have a muzzle brake. I also think the accu-trigger was adjustable to lower poundage than regular accu-triggers.

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
The savage muzzle brake is adjustable. You turn it one at the range, and turn it off for hunting. The gun is also chambered for 6.5x284. Shooting times did a right up on the gun a few issues ago. Layne Simpson really liked it.

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
well its a fine rifle.. its a savage.. no acurising necessary out of the box..
find the rnd it likes an you got most game covered..jmo slim.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts