Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed Savage's new ad in Rifle magazine, introducing their new AccuTrigger.

"The AccuTrigger can be adjusted from a minimum of 1 1/2 lbs. to a maximum of 6 lbs. The shooter is able to set the trigger pull to suit his or her individual preference. No need for a gunsmith to adjust the trigger."

Does this mean Savage and Savage alone has figured out that America's hunters and shooters are tired of the so-called "lawyered" trigger pulls? Will other manufacturers follow suit and start offering triggers that have acceptable pulls out of the box, or in the least, make it easy for the OWNER of the rifle to easily adjust the pull?

This could be a turning point industry-wide.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Sir,

I saw the same thing. I seem to remember reading something about the internal workings of the trigger that would make it "accidental discharge proof". My guess is that it will be more like a glock trigger, instead of a traditional rifle trigger. I really look forward to seeing one. The main reason I don't have a savage 110 rifle in my battery is that i could never abide the triggers.

If anyone sees, or has an oppurtunity to fool with one of these rifles, i would sure be interested to hear about it.

thanks,

S.R.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts