Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of someone who can make a 30" 375 rum barrel stainless .750 muzzle diameter .Also Is a left twist possible ? Im thinking in the ball park of 500-700$ maybe amy idea thanks .

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
Anyone know of someone who can make a 30" 375 rum barrel stainless .750 muzzle diameter .Also Is a left twist possible ? Im thinking in the ball park of 500-700$ maybe amy idea thanks .
You might check with David White, of D&T Gunsmithing. He's done some good work for me, in the past and I'm fairly certain he could help you with that request.

·
Super Moderator
13,430 Posts
Anybody who does barrel work should be able to contour, thread, and chamber the barrel from a blank. Greg Tannel would be another name. I bought my through-spindle chambering lubrication system from him. Seems to be a good guy.

E. R. Shaw
makes a less expensive line of Savage replacement barrels that Brownells sells. You could contact them about doing a special. They already do .375 RUM with a 12" twist.

If you want to save some money by selecting the grade, call Douglas. You can order any twist and grade, and for a fee they will rough contour it, and for a bigger fee they will polish and finish it, and for a bigger fee, chamber and install it.

The left hand twist is the only fly in the ointment. I don't know which barrel makers have gear that will work in both directions and which do not. Is there a particular reason you want that? The only one I can think of is to have bullet precession and northern hemisphere Coriolis effect working in opposite directions at extremely long ranges.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts