Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats do you guys think about it ?
my mom b day is coming up so i have to get her something real nice so i dipped into my future gun fund so now this rilfle is in my budget what are your guys thoughts on it ?

·
Banned
199 Posts
whats do you guys think about it ?
my mom b day is coming up so i have to get her something real nice so i dipped into my future gun fund so now this rilfle is in my budget what are your guys thoughts on it ?
So, you're thinking of buying your mom a Savage firearm for her birthday?
UHmmm.....
Not a very good idea if she's like most other women!

PS.

I'd go for a nice dinner and a vase of flowers or something that most women would appreciate.:)

-OR****

Are you saying, that because you've dipped into your gun savings for your mom's gift, that now you'll have to settle for a lesser costing gun?

PS.

Save a little bit longer and get exactly what you wanted in the first place.:)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Get the Marlin "X" gun and forget the Edge. The marlin is a much better gun for the same price point as the Edge. The "X" gun is full of expensive features instead of being a gun that was made as cheaply as possible like the Edge. The "X" guns are inexpensive but not cheap like the Edge.

·
Registered
620 Posts
mr-ponce, it seems the guns you are mentioning keep getting cheaper and cheaper. Thats all well and good if its really what you want. However, if you're buying a rifle you dont want to regret next year or the year after or even 10 years down the road, do yourself a favor and save up a little more.

Now the Savage Edge is cheaply priced, but thats because its cheaply made as dmsbandit stated above. Personally I think I'd pass on one even if it was free if that tells you anything.

·
Registered
7,852 Posts
Get the Marlin "X" gun and forget the Edge. The marlin is a much better gun for the same price point as the Edge. The "X" gun is full of expensive features instead of being a gun that was made as cheaply as possible like the Edge. The "X" guns are inexpensive but not cheap like the Edge.
+1, I totally agree!!:D:D:D

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,711 Posts
Hey good for you, if that's what Mom likes.....

Advice - take her to the store and let her pick it out. It goes better that way!!!!!

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
OK, but leave her rifle at home, or you might get in a little trouble. :D

If your budget is now sufficient for a Savage Edge or Marlin XS/XL - I hope by now you know which one to get! ;)

·
Registered
226 Posts
Ponce another one you might consider is the Mossberg ATR I just bought onei .308 Win. and the first time I took it out I was surprised. I used handloaded 150 grn. sierra pro-hunter bullets, RL-15 powder and I put 14 shots in 1 1/8" to 1 1/4" at 100 yards. I am more than happy with that. Some may disagree but only letting you know my experience with the ATR.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my friend just got a savage weather warrior that is one sweet rifle !!! it has a acu trigger and stock ! i want one of those and i ran the number and i will need to save maybe 200 dollars more and i will have enough to get it !oh yeah he got the rifle in 7mm rem mag

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I bought an Edge in 7-08. You can see the post on here about the trials of getting it to shoot. It did end up being a consistent 1.0 MOA to 1.25 MOA shooter with 150 grain Partitions, but if I had to do it ovver again, I would have gotten another Stevens 200. Still for $275, I ain't complaining.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts