Shooters Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does the savage edge's bolt not open after it has been cocked?
my brother just bought one and opened the bolt and cocked the rifle but to reopen the bolt he must dry fire then he is able to open the bolt again. is this normal for the savage edge.
I am not familiar with the edge so i figured what better place to go than shooters forum.
thank you for your help

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
Welcome to ShootersForum, Zona21. I think you'll find this is just about the nicest and most knowledgeable gun site on the web.

I'm not familiar with that particular model of Savage, but many rifles will not allow you to move the bolt if the safety is engaged. I think it is safe to say that no modern rifle would be designed to make you pull the trigger, loaded or not, rather than simply opening the bolt and unloading the chamber. Have him try it again, without any live ammo, and see if the it's the safety causing the bolt to lock.

·
Registered
11,950 Posts
I recently mounted a scope on an Edge for the rancher's son where i hunt. Chambered the bore sighting laser and reopened the bolt without pulling the trigger.... so no, I don't think it's normal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.