Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was cold yesterday when I went to the range to sight in a Savage Model 11 in .243 Winchester. This rifle came off the used gun rack last week and all I did was clean the rifle, put on a 3-9X scope and load up some 85 grain bullets ahead of IMR4350. I started at 50 yards and fired two shot groups to adjust the scope. In no time I was in the bull and the sighter rounds were touching on the paper. I was very impressed and getting cold so I stopped shooting and came home. I have several Savage bolt actions and all of them are very accurate rifles. All the best...
Gil

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Savage makes a fine rifle with amazing out of the box accuracy. I've changed out the tupperware stocks for old fashion wood stocks. Although there Accua-Trigger is better than average it still leaves some too be desired. The target Accua-Trigger is an improvement with only difference being the spring which is available from Sharp Shooters Supply. My older Savages with three screw adjustable triggers can produce unbelievable trigger pull weights. Savages between them and new Accua-Triggers have triggers replaced with SSS Competition Triggers. The versitility that the Savage barrel nut system provides is allowing the persuit of old chamberings without the hassle of searching for long removed from production rifles. Enjoy the new toy!!

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
i went out shooting myself the other day with my oldest son in tow and we too where shooting a savage, but it was my Savage Stryker in 7-08 Rem and i just put a new scope on top of it. got it shooting pretty good considering the wind (10-15) and the rain. it is very quickly becoming a favorite gun for me to shoot. but then again i am a bit of a **** as i like almost all makes of firearms. i like Savage, Ruger, Browning, Winchester and even Remington. there are other makes to but you get the idea.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts