210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
425 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Although they look cool I don't really see the point of these cut down rifles. If you could have a short barrel like 10-12 inches and a full stock perhaps as it would give you a very compact rifle and with the likes of the 44 magnum perhaps even an increase in velocity with the shorter barrel. In the US you are limited to 16 inche barrel by law so that's always going to be a problem. However with the cut off stock you end up with a very long 5 shot pistol. Call me old fashioed by why not stick with a Colt Peacemaker. Stickk 5 (6) shots in a lot more compact and shotable format?

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Only if that extension is permanently attached to that barrel. If it can be removed, it is illegal, IAW/BATF.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I'm an American citizen, born and bred in USA. I'm not going to rain on anybody's parade about these "toys". If a person wants to legally possess a cut down rifle so be it.

But I have zero interest in these firearms.

TR

·
Registered
13,141 Posts
It is permanently attached, BATF approved and just about as much fun as you can have with your clothes on! I guess I find it funny that when it is a 5" SBH or a 14" Contender, it's a serious hunting weapon, but when you put a buttstock on it and add a barrel extension, it's a "toy"? :)

It's a 125-yard deer gun, is what it is. If you spent even 10 minutes handling and shooting it, and saw the groups it will put together at 100 yards, you might be a little more interested. It's one of those "don't-knock-it-til-ya-try-it", kinda things. ;)

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
SBRs are legal in a lot of states. Just added paperwork and more taxes. Remember there is a 11% tax on all guns and ammo that is already added before you buy that goes to the Government (Robinson-Pittman Act).

CD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.