Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
     I went shooting yesterday morning, and when I came home and cleaned the guns I discovered the front sight of my SBH is loose. It is not wobbling all over the place, but I can wiggle it noticably! This is a stainless model, and it looks like the sight base is welded to the barrel and then the blued sight blade is roll pinned in. The pin itself appears to be tight, just the blade moves. I don't think it is enough to affect accuracy, but I don't want it flying off or getting looser either. Advice?
                                       IDShooter
PS- Just when everything was going so well.too. I shot my first 50yd, 2.5" group during this session using the 265gr WFNGC Beartooth bullet and AA#5. Not too shabby considering last summer I couldn't always be sure of hitting the paper every time!

·
Banned
738 Posts
ID Shooter,
A gunsmith that put the taller front sight on my OM Blackhawk, mentioned that in addition to the pin he used to affix the new blade, he epoxyed it too.
You could do that, or get some Locktite sleeve retainer and use that.  With the sleever retainer you don't have to take the sight off.  It will wick into the slight gap around the sight.  
The Locktite can be had a most hardware store and car parts places.
Hope this helps.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts