Shooters Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, thanks to a lot of help from forum member Rocky Raab, my SBH 44 Mag, 4" Birds Head is finally complete. I just finished up on the brush satin finish, and here are the results.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Love your gun. The grip looks great and the barrel is just right. I've been looking for the exact same set up in .45 Colt -

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
That looks real handy Flat Top. The tall front sight would seem to indicate that it rolls back in your hand purdy good. What holster did you choose for it?

Cheezywan

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jmortimer; This is the most well balanced gun I have ever held in my hand...and, it seems to me that it has a very natural pointability factor. I wish that every gun I owned could feel like this one! I think a 45 Colt custom with about the same dimensions would feel just as good, for you!

Cheezywan: The tall front sight will come down a bit after I do some more shooting with the two loads I have chosen for this gun. The holster I use is a western style pancake. It was custom made for the gun by Alan at Chisholms Trail Leathers. Its the "Ranger" model , that I wanted done in a crossdraw. Alan took my idea and the Ranger Flat Top Crossdraw was born. The Holster fits very tight to the body and keeps the gun well out of the way for rifle use, but the draw is quick, and I can access the gun with either hand if need be. Here is a photo of the rig.

AVIVIII; Thank you! Much time and effort spent...the results well worth it.

Attachments

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
37,095 Posts
Looks great!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Mike!!!

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
I sure like that birdshead grip and short barrel like your Pea Shooter! Very nice work!

·
Registered
486 Posts
Sweet looking rig. I like the looks of that grip, especially given my small hands.
Dan

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Matt...LOL!!! A "peashooter" it is!!!!......here is another....."N" frame 44 Mag Smith.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
....and same gun "peashooter" with hog leg grip frame and ivories.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Dan!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts