Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a scope for my 223... any suggestions? I am looking for a 40-44 mm obj, and the option for a sunshade. I have been window shopping and found some that catch my eye but when i read the reviews on the site they are on, there are never any bad things said about any of them and that doesn't make sense, because not every scope is the best. My price range $200-$300.... thank you

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,225 Posts
There's a ton of them out there of good (not great) quality for your price range. Try looking in the Bushnell, Nikon, Burris, Redfield, Leupold brands at discount pricing by the major catalog suppliers.

www.natchezss.com is having a sale on factory refurbrished Nikons right now.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Like other have said. Lots of scopes in this range. I think Midway USA still has there 6-18 Mildot Buckmasters on sale. A nice scope for the price range. Another that I like is the
Swift Premiere in the 6-18 Mildot. Have used this brand of scope for years. They are pretty good for the money.:)

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
you can get a 4-12x40 3200 Elite for under 300.00, i had one for a number of years and it is a solid dependable scope. no fly's on those Sightrons, you'll need to keep it at a S2, but for a few mor $$ you could go S2 Big Sky and really have some glass if you keep the power range down enough to keep it affordable. a used Leupold in either VX-II configuration or older Vari-X III, Burris and the Nikon's are all rock solid options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.