Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I am new to the forum. Need some advice. I have a 1945 GRI 303, #1 MKIII. I would like to mount a scope on this rifle. I researched and found a mount base at Cabelas. It is an Advanced Technology Inc. product, listed as Enfield Scope mount. It states that it fits the .303 Enfield No1. MK3, the product # ENF0113. It is a T-6 aluminum Weaver type base and does not require gunsmitting. Has anyone every used this type of base mount and would you recommend it, if not what type of mount do you recommend for this rifle. Any help and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
Welcome to ShootersForum, Delid.

I've used a similar type of mount on an 03A3 and can tell you that they have been used for decades to allow scopes to be mounted on ex-military rifles. They are what they propose to be, which should serve the purpose you have in mind. If you want another option, the S&K Instamount is what I have on my gun and they make something specifically for your rifle.

http://www.scopemounts.com/index.html?main.html

That link will probably not take you directly to the right page...browse around a bit and you'll see it.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Beware of scope mounts that use fastners through existing receiver holes into an alumnium base. Mounts with this type of feature rifle recoil will usually pound the holes oblong in soft alumium base. Was at gun show this past weekend and there was a base for sale with this type of mounting system. I've looked at ATI, B Square, S&K and several others over the years for my military rifles. As posted by others the S&K InstaMount for the 303 British Lee Enfield is a top shelf product.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts