Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Picked up a Thompson Center Grey Hawk...am wanting to scope it, but since it is out of production, I can't specifically find a mount that I know will work before I actually buy it...can anybody provide some guideance? and also, does the mount just attache where the rear iron sight is? Thanks, in advance.

Greg

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Because the Gray Hawk I believe has a round barrel you would need that kind of scope mount. Call T/C Arms and see if they have the off set base mount for the roundball traditional rifles. I have some of the round mounts at the house and I mount them on New Englanders and Black Mountain Magnums. You take off the back sight and then just in front of the tang. Does your rifle have a small set screw in the barrel? If so, you remove that. Other wise you have to have the rifle tapped there. Then the weaver style base mounts to a hole in the front sight and to that small screw hole in front of the tang. Since it is off set, the hammer will not hit the scope or the base. I suggest using a quick release scope mount with this as it makes it easier to clean and they do get dirty from the #11 caps going off.

·
RIP Me. Gates
2,429 Posts
Simple! Use the scope base for the New Englander.....The Grey Hawk is just a stainless version.....James

1 - 4 of 4 Posts