Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found another barrel for my TCR 87 and now looking for a spring loaded Leupold mount for this barrel. I was told that they no longer make mount for this barrel.
Does anyone have one that they would like to sell?

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Do you have T/C's part numbers. I acquired a box of T/C scope mounts and bases few years ago but none will work on Contenders or Encores.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TCR 87 scope mount

Thanks for the reply to my request. I don't have a part number but the mount is .075" wide by 3.4375 and 4 holes in the base. One of the mounts that I have is spring loaded and the other is a Leupold part #49999. At this point any mount that will work I'll buy.
Thanks again,
Bob,

·
Registered
434 Posts
Weaver # 405 top mount base is listed as fitting the T/C TCR.

Alternatively, I believe Conetrol will make mounts for whatever you have or want at a not unreasonable price.

Out of curiosity what barrels do you have for the TCR 87? I always kicked myself for not getting one when I had the chance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know Weaver still makes mounts for the TCR's but I was looking for, I found out today,is the Thompson Center mounts that allow you to change scope without having to keep sighting in. There spring loaded and are really slick.
So far I have 12ga deer barrel, 223 and now the 270. I was looking at the 7mm mag. but now that T/C no longer make this rifle I can't send it back and have it retrofitted for the mag. cal.
I think with the three barrels that I have cover just about anything I want to hunt. I have never missed a deer with the slug barrel so far and that's a lot of deer it's put in my freezer.
Thanks for info.
Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts