Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
"Bad Joke Friday" Dan (moderator emeritus)
7,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have three SSK T'*** mounts that I consider to be the best mounts I've used for my S&W/Ruger .44mag revolvers. But I've recently had a problem that you may want to be aware of if you're using a T'*** mount on a Blackhawk.

I mounted a Burris scope using two rings, one in front of the adjustments and one behind.  Because I like to have the scope as far back as possible, I used the last "groove" in the back portion of the mount. After testing some heavy loads, I had the occasion to shoot my most accurate load and couldn't hit the side of a barn.  Decided to add a third ring to the rear portion and discovered the T'*** was broken clear through at that rear groove – the rear ring wasn’t holding anything.  

In fairness to the T'*** mount, that last groove is rather thin to allow for the rise in the Blackhawk frame. But apparently, it is not sufficiently reinforced to support the back ring without the assistance of an additional ring. So my suggestion is that if you're going to use the rear groove and shoot heavy loads, you may wish to add a second ring to the rear portion.

I still think the T’*** is a great mount and I’ve always had outstanding service from SSK, just need to use some common (uncommon?) sense with heavy loads.

Respectfully,

·
Registered
213 Posts
So did SSK fix your mount for free?? How good does it fit on your BH ? Is it a Super Blackhawk?? I'm thinking very hard about sending my .44 SBH 7.5" in there to get a mount.The only pictures I can find is one on a Freedom Arms. Do they fit that good on the BH.( Snug to the top strap and barral) Thanks
Billy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts