Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted this on another forum and got no answer. Anyone here know?

I have started seeing a new number in the order books for the reticle type of the scopes. for example 4-plex (5-4). What does the (5-4) represent? Or, maybe i have not noticed it before

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Four years old, this thread, and almost to the very day. I, too, have seen that fractional designation. Saw it in the latest Sinclair catalog very recently. I think it's some sort of part number or in-house designation used by the retailer. There is no information about this fractional designation thing in the catalog. I think it might be very sensitive, top-secret, national security information-- and we as citizens are not to know too much about it. Maybe they can tell us, but then they'd have to tax us to death...

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
Yep. Catalogs, like Leupold, list all the reticle that are standard with them. Usually numberes from 1 to9 or so.
then in the scope spec it merely says under reticle "4,5" or "1-6". this means that the scope comes in reticle typw 4 and 5 at buyers choice. Or reticle #1 and 6 at buyer choice.

Now though, a Leupold #4 or both "4-5" will probably NOT be the same as a Nikon #4 or #5. check the catalog. and over the years as some reticle are dropped from the line the numbers might change.

No secret, they just don't want to keep printing the reticle name over and over in the spec sheet.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts

I respectfully disagree.

Most option numbering goes from low to high, like 1-5, rather than 5-1.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
Most option numbering goes from low to high, like 1-5, rather than 5-1.
I agree. The question still remains. I'm going to go look again at my several catalogs to see if I can find anything about this mysterious numbering system...

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
Four years old, this thread, and almost to the very day. I, too, have seen that fractional designation. Saw it in the latest Sinclair catalog very recently. I think it's some sort of part number or in-house designation used by the retailer. There is no information about this fractional designation thing in the catalog. I think it might be very sensitive, top-secret, national security information-- and we as citizens are not to know too much about it. Maybe they can tell us, but then they'd have to tax us to death...
Just email the tech guys at Sinclair, they good people and will be happy to explain it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts