Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought cheap scope rings by tasco for my muzzeloader. I had it bore sighted at a pro shop and I shot in the field and with my Bushnell 3x-9x scope all the way to the left I'm still about 10in right @ 50yds. What could be causing this problem? Everything's tightened as far as it can go. Does it have to do with the cheap rings?

·
Super Moderator
3,828 Posts
It depends

Welcome to the Forum.

Not sure what might be causing the problem. My suggestion would be to get windage adjustable rings and replace the Tasco rings. All the best...
Gil

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Several variables could be causing the problem. Try turning one ring 180 degrees. Test too see if point of impact changes left or right. Next do the other ring then test. Next switch front base with rear base if there the same and test. This will determine if some of the scope mounting hardware is out of specs. Should nothing really change then possibily the scope base mounting holes were drilled and tapped out of specs. Should that be the case then you'll need to do what Gil recommended.

·
Registered
392 Posts
The only thing I can add to what Hailstone and Gil said would be to suggest you pick up a bore sighter. I've seen BSA bore sighters with a .50cal mandrel for about $30. If you had one of these you could look through it and record the windage that you're seeing now, then do the ring swaps that Hailstone suggested and note each time by looking through the bore sighter whether or not the windage changed.

This would be a little faster than swapping rings and then having to shoot and then swap rings again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts