Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saw a Scyy 9mm carry pistol for $269 at a local gun shop, looked and felt good, but have not heard much about it. Anyone have experience with it... Is it reliable? Any feeding problems? Works with any ammo?

·
Registered
773 Posts
I have the cpx2 with ss slide. It handles well, solid shooter. I haven't spent a lot of range time with it. I only have about 100 rounds through it, but no issues.

Reasonable recoil. Trigger pull is a little long and heavy compared to xds, glock, m&p, etc, but better than lcr, lcp... To be expected from a dao covered hammer.

One nice plus is that it has double strike capability, kind of rare. All in all, I like the gun except for the trigger. I shot one owned by a friend before buying and his trigger had the same length, but felt lighter than the one I purchased, so I'm not sure if there is an option for the trigger or one of our guns is a fluke. Either way, the long pull is not a bad thing with a safety free gun.

I personally would not be afraid to carry it. It is not a real well known gun though, so if you have a preference for holster manufacturers, you should verify the availability of a holster for it. If I'm not mistaken, I do believe alien gear has a holster for it and their service and warranty is second to none.

Hope this helps.

Ps - its SCCY.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Perhaps you would prefer a $200 knife. ;)

·
Registered
250 Posts
A friend of mine owns a gun shop and has carried and fired about half a dozen different CPX-2s. I've handled quite a few. Don't knock the gun for its price. It's solid and well designed for its purpose. I would not expect it to hold up to the abuse that a $600 - $700 gun will handle, but if it's well cared for I'm sure it would serve its purpose.

Not everyone can afford a Glock, Springfield, or Smith & Wesson. So, while I wouldn't choose to stake my life on the performance of a SCCY, I wouldn't stake my life on my XDM either, if there were any other option.When it comes down to it the only thing that matters is that the gun puts a bullet where you want it every time you pull the trigger.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts