Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive account
7,768 Posts
Hi, Dan:
   I don't know about the Dillon dies, but a new RCBS seater works fine with the Lyman 358091 WC.  My mail-order outfit (Wholesale Sports in Calgary, Alberta) sells them separately, since the older RCBS .357 Magnum seaters (1980 in my set, and earlier too) won't crimp .38 Specials.  The 358091 has a crimp groove, so you can seat them out or seat them flush. You'll have to try them both ways to find out which works best.  I haven't had my mould long enough to really test them out.

My seater leaves a ring on FN bullets too and I'm thinking of putting some lapping compound on the noses of a couple of bullets, chucking them in the drill and honing out the seater stem a bit.

Glad to see you back here. Take care.

Bye
Jack

·
Inactive account
7,768 Posts
Hi, Dan:
  The set nut on the new seater die is a mite smaller than the round nuts on the old dies. It's hex, 1.275" corner to corner, compared to 1.4" for the old ones. The new ones have a brass setscrew that will get mangled on the die threads unless you put a #6 - #8 shot pellet under it.

Bye
Jack

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.