Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what your thoughts are concerning the best semi auto made.
This should include performance, cost, and availabilty.
Is the Remington 1100, Wal Mart sells, a special run for them by Remington?
The one I purchased seems to have a stock made from a wood other than walnut.
Couldn't pass it up though, as the price was under 300 dollars.
Roger

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,228 Posts
For the money, Rem 1100 / 1187 is my choice.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,118 Posts
Roger,

If one can afford the somewhat high asking price, the Benelli M1 and Montefeltro models are simply outstanding guns. You have no concerns about gas fouling and associated jamming. They are lightweight for easy day-long carry and seem to point better than most other guns for people I've helped get into shotgunning. If the guns don't fit exactly, they are easily adjusted with neat shims available from the factory.

But again, these are guns selling for close to &#36900. They should be a pretty hot ticket, eh? Now for most of us Mike's suggestion of the Remington 1100 and newer 11-87 are just fine. They're heavier than the Benellis but cost a couple hundred dollars less. Keep the gas system clean and oil free and you should get great service from your new gun.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hello from Scotland

For me it has to be a Beretta of any model ! Sorry but "to #### with the expence !" When it good its good any why said a little thing like money get in the way ? Only dont tell the wife !
I have the AL 390 it shoots any shell you can put in it never had any trouble. There is very little under the forend to to go wrong and "running dry" very little dirt sticks. And shoots like a dream! what more could you ask for ?

Best regards from across the pond.

ENGLANDER.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts