Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a beautiful day here, so I decided to get some pics of my favorite new toy outside.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
I didn't know the Conquests came in that configuration. I have the regular 3-9 and almost put one on a new rifle I bought but went with the new 2.5 - 10 VX-3 due more to the finish matched the rifle better (gloss vs matte). But I think I still like the Conquest better.

·
Banned
158 Posts
Yep, that's real purdy.
How's it shoot. I've got a Rem 700 sporter barrel in a Sendero stock(HS precision) that shoots 1/2" groups with handloaded 180 gr Accubonds. Thought about a Sendero but this thing shoots good enough for me.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I haven't really done any load work with it yet, been too cold. But my first 3 shot group using break in rounds, loaded with 180gr Interlocks went into 0.477"

·
Banned
296 Posts
I like your set up Tang. I need to make a stationary shooting bench like yours, it would sure beat the gooseneck trailer that I use now lol

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tang it sure looks good. And to think I was going to have mine camo coated! Then I came to my senses.

I'm going to finish polish mine. They are shiney, but I can turn it into a mirror. 416 SS makes a really nice shine.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Beautiful rifle, Tang, but mine has bigger numbers on the barrel. 22250 versus a little 300. Why did you put such a nice scope on such a little pea shooter? Seems to be a waste...........

(( :D ))

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Funny Stretch...lol I'm sold on Zeiss 100% now. I will be replacing all my scopes with them as money permits. I think I'd like to have a 6.5-20 on my Pea Shooter though. Save the 3.5-10 for the .338.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Very nice rifle & scope combo Tang!! I like Sendero's alot. I have a 300WM Sendero, a Lam. stock version that they made a limited run of several years ago. I also have a Sendero that was a 25/06, it is now an AI & a 308VS, just a short action version of the Sendero actually.

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Nice pics and setup! Zeiss is a nice scope, and the Remingtons just plain shoot well! I'm happy with my Remingtons.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Are we to believe this rig has been doing the fabulous shooting we all hear of when the scope is so screwed up? I've got my impression now, so much for recoil and precision. The rifle looks nice though.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
Are we to believe this rig has been doing the fabulous shooting we all hear of when the scope is so screwed up? I've got my impression now, so much for recoil and precision. The rifle looks nice though.

The picutre of the scope made it look like it was off a lot. When really it was barely off at all. I wouldnt have ever bothered with it, but I put a level on the base and then the turret.

Now, incase you don't know, which it seems you dont, you can mount a scope on a 45º angle as long as you set it up that way, it will shoot that way. The angle of the scope does not come into play until you get out to 500+ yards.

Then, lastly, fabulous shooting ?! It has been fired 9 times, TOTAL. I had an extra target still up, and fired 3 at it. They went 0.477" center to center. Its been too cold to do any load work, the scope was merely bore sighted. **** it was only mounted to take pictures originally. Precision will come in the spring. I have almost 100 rounds of different loads waiting to try.

I can not believe you actualy think the angle of the scope can bother 100 yard groups...lmao You have so much to learn for an old fart.

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
Yes, I think the scope angle will not come into play unless it's changed. I mean, even if only boresighted, the crosshairs may be dead on the bullseye (even though canted to the right), while the rounds (into a .4xx" group) may end up way up in the corner, or somewhere. The grouping of the rounds, really, all else considered it seems to me, has nothing to do with the scope, with or without crosshairs.

Now that Tang has leveled the scope, which means loosening the rings at bare minimum, it can easily shoot the same, or worse, or even better, but it almost surely won;t group them in the same spot as the first series. So, as Tang said, it really doens't matter much about the crosshairs being level for that first set of rounds.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Yall have done got Tang fired up! LOL The RIFLE determines groups. NOT the scope. I personally take Tang's word on the .477" group and also think before long He'll be posting pictures of a single hole... that he put 5 shots through.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts