Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a White Shooting Systems SG Series White Lighting .504 NIB.
From what I have found this is a rare gun. Does anybody have any insight?
I am not very familiar with Muzzleloaders and not sure if I should shoot or store it.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I do not own a White Lightening. But I know people that do. I have never read a report from a White owner where a Lightening was not a good shooter. They have a .504 bore, normally a 22 inch barrel, and are just a very well made rifle. As to them being rare, well there were not as many lightening rifles made as say the model 97 or the G series White Rifles. NIB means you have a perfect in tact White. That is worth something of course. Whether yours is a collectors rifle... kind of. Whites are technically not made, so all of them are technically collector rifles. But rumor is, White Rifles is starting back up. So parts are going to be out there again we hope, and maybe even some new rifles.

I own a White Model 97 in .504, a Model 97 in .451 and a G series .504 Bison. All of them are good shooting rifles. I you decide you want to shoot the thing, try 70 grains of 3f Black Powder and a 460 or larger pure lead conical bullet. I think the accuracy will surprise you. I also shoot mine with 80 grains of Triple Seven 3f and a 460 grain conical and the accuracy is exceptional. These are serious hunting rifles. They make excellent elk and bear rifles as well as a deer rifle. Also a scope can be mounted or a peep sight to enhance the shooters accuracy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts