Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of America's most prolific outdoor writers writing about what he loved most. Published in 1974 by Winchester Press and reprinted in 1992 by Safari Press. 301 pages, with many black and photos.

Jack takes us through the high deserts of Arizona for the Desert Bighorn, to Montana, Wyoming, Idaho for the Rocky Mountain Bighorn, to British Columbia, the Yukon and Alaska for Stone and Dall Sheep. Many hunting tales and how-to's. Great book from a great author. Jack writes from hundreds of experiences, not just a single hunt. Get a copy if you can find one.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
Alyeka,
you've been reading alot by looking at your book reviews. I imagine the snow gets deep in Alaska, so that is understandable. Is there a commercial channel, other than used at Amazon, to get this book?

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
3,125 Posts
I'll have to do a little digging. There are two on Amazon, one is $215, the other $245, both used. It sounds like you're ahead of the stock market, depending on how much you paid for it.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That does make me feel good. I paid a whopping $8.00 for mine. I did pick it up used, but in VG condition.

If you have any good used book stores in your area, you might try there. I've found some real gems. I picked up Small Arms and Ballistics by Col. Whelen (both volumes), first edition, in great shape for a total of $12.00.

The Cat Hunting book was a similar purchase, though new, but a clearance price of about $14.00. Last time I checked, it was valued around $250.

I'm not a collector, but do have a fairly good collection of hunting and firearms books. For my enjoyment and study, not to make money on. I'll have to post a few more in the coming days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts